Music Mentors - Game Day Infomation for September 11th!
Hello Band Families - Happy First Game/First FCMB Performance Eve!!!!
We are so excited that the band will be performing at our first home football game tomorrow night at Mentor High School. This is something that a week ago we just found out about and a month ago we didn't even know if it would happen. The kids were so great at rehearsal today and seem really excited for the opportunity to perform together!!
Please look over the following information regarding the game tomorrow:
▪ Call time for all band members is 5:30pm
▪ Percussion, tubas, and guard members should be dropped off and report to the FAC entrance to MHS for equipment. ALL OTHER BAND MEMBERS should report the AUXILIARY GYM in the rear of MHS - students can be dropped off and picked up here after the game. The Auxiliary Gym is in the rear of the HS next to the Paradigm building.
▪ Uniform for our performances will be the red FCMB polo shirt, black (khaki style) pants - no yoga pants, leggings, or shorts, and black socks and dinkles. Students that ordered new shoes will receive them before the game tomorrow.
▪ In addition to their instrument/equipment, students should have a water bottle for the game. There are no concessions this year at the games so students should EAT BEFORE THE GAME.
▪ The weather may get chilly tomorrow evening so band members may also bring a light jacket, pullover, or sweatshirt to wear when we are not performing on the field. You may bring a SMALL drawstring style bag if necessary.
▪ IMPORTANT - THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH SEATS IN THE END ZONE BLEACHERS THAT WE NORMALLY SIT IN - WE ARE ASKING OUR FLUTES, CLARINETS, TRUMPETS, SAXOPHONES, AND GUARD MEMBERS TO BRING A FOLDING CAMPING CHAIR TO SIT IN THE END ZONE. THE CHAIR SHOULD BE SOMETHING THAT HAS A STRAP AND THE KIDS CAN CARRY EASILY TO AND FROM THE STADIUM. We have communicated with other bands that have done this and it has been a successful way to solve the seating issue.
▪ Band members will be with the band in the end zone for the entire game - the kids will not be permitted to leave the area where the band is seated without a staff member.
▪ Games usually end around 9:30pm - please have rides arranged for your band members to be picked up around that time. We do not have normal building access except for putting equipment away after the games. The students will need to be picked up after the game.
Again - we are thrilled that we are able to have this opportunity to perform tomorrow evening - it has been something that the staff and band members have all been looking forward to.
Thank you as always for your support of our band members as they MARCH PROUD with the Fighting Cardinal Marching Band for the first time tomorrow night!