It’s TIME for the FCMB to get underway!
Leadership: You will meet 4 – 8 pm on Monday, July 16th! Dinner will be provided.
New members, guard, majorettes, percussion and leaders will meet:
1. Tuesday, July 17th from 2 – 9 pm, New parent mtg at 6 pm with ice cream afterwards. (NEW MEMBERS SHOULD BRING ALL PAPERWORK AND PAYMENTS)
2. Wednesday (7/18) 5 – 9 pm
3. Thursday (7/19) 5 – 9 pm
Week of July 23-27th:
1. Veteran Members return at 8 am, Monday, July 23rd while New members will arrive at 9:30 am that day.
2. Rehearsal times for this week is 8 am – noon.
3. Wednesday, July 25th – Music Mentors Meeting 7 pm
PLEASE NOTE: Rehearsal ends at the times listed and these are held in various places at the high school. Sometimes they are on the stadium, many times they are on the practice field behind the soccer field. It will take time for 260 students to march back to the building, clean up, pack up their instruments and gather their belongings.
Please remember that ALL members need to complete:
- A hard copy of the OMEA Emergency Medical Authorization Form.
2. A hard copy of the FCMB Field Trip Permission Form
3. Uniform Supply order form. Band Supply Form or Guard Supply Form
4. Log in to Final Forms and complete JUST the sections titled Contact Information and Emergency Medical Authorization. You can disregard the section Band Field trip permission form and just as a reminder, a physical is NOT needed to participate in Marching band.
Please complete the above items before your 1st scheduled practice and bring the required hard copies on the 1st day as well. This is very important! The day is long and hot and if something happens to you, the staff needs to have a way to get a hold of someone in case of an emergency!
What to expect at the New Parent Meeting:
1. Learn expectations for the band season and how to make the most of it!
2. Meet staff and volunteers of Music Mentors who will also be available to answer any questions
3. Place orders for shoes, supplies and spiritwear. Items will be available to try on. Credit cards, cash and checks will be accepted.
4. Learn about Music Mentors, our booster organization and sign up for committees to get new families involved!
5. Enjoy some ice cream while watching a quick performance of what our new members have already learned!
Lastly, I know this email is overwhelming but we are all here to answer any questions you may have. Please refer to the FCMB Tip Sheet to help you and marcher prepare for the next couple of weeks!
July 16th: Leadership only 4 – 8 pm
July 17th: New Marchers, Percussion, Guard, and Majorettes and Leadership begin! 2 – 9 pm
July 17th: New Parent Meeting 6 pm followed by Ice Cream Social at 8 pm
July 18 – 19th: 5 -9 pm Rehearsal for New marchers, percussion, guard, majorettes and leaders
July 23: Rehearsal 8 am – noon. Veteran members arrive at 8 am and new marchers arrive at 9:30 am
July 24 – 27th: Rehearsal 8 am – noon
July 25th: Music Mentors Meeting 7 pm in the band room! Please join us!
Spiritwear is OPTIONAL but a great way to show your support for the FCMB! There are a few different order dates. Our next order turn in date is July 17th. Orders turned in on this date will be ready for pick up on August 1st, our FCMB Family BBQ. The last round of orders can be turned in at the BBQ on August 1st and will be ready for the 1st home game. All checks are to be made payable to Music Mentors and payment must be turned in with the order. If you need to mail the order in, the address is Music Mentors, PO BOX 1864, Mentor, OH 44061. We will also be taking credit cards starting July 17th. Credit card orders are only accepted in person.To clarify – this is NOT the UNIFORM order form.
Volunteers and Fingerprinting
|Fingerprinting is required of all our volunteers. Parents and Adults that plan on volunteering in any capacity: you will be required to go to the Board of Education before you can volunteer. The June and July hours will be 7:30 AM – 4 PM. Please have your driver’s license with you and your Social Security number. When you arrive, you will let them know which schools you have children in and also mention the FCMB. It only takes a couple minutes.|
For those students/families no longer in Marching Band or any Concert Band who wish to not receive these emails, please hit the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of this email. Thank you.