Welcome Back Everyone!
FCMB is in full force this week for everyone! Our leader and new marcher week last week started off with some team building, continued with the ice cream social and some hard work on and off the field! How exciting!
You will continue to see weekly emails from now on that will highlight what is going on for the week. It is important to note that if you see a change on the MentorFCMB Twitter, or if your marcher tells you about a change from Mr. Poremba or one of the other directors – follow those instructions! Many times students get the information well before we do!
Please remember to visit the FCMB section on our website. It is there you will find many links and important forms and paperwork. There is also another section with Forms as well.
Forms and Paperwork
* Complete Final Forms online NOW – You only need to complete Contact information, Online band Permission slip, and Emergency Medical Authorization ASAP. Mr. Poremba would like this completed by tomorrow, Monday, July 24th. This is important so that if the student isn’t feeling well, we can contact the right person. Here is the link:
Mentor School Online Final Forms
* Please also complete a hard copy of the Field Trip Permission Form and have your student turn that in to Mr. Poremba.
* Lastly, all members of th FCMB need to turn in a uniform form. The FCMB fee of $20 is on there as well as the Cedar Point ticket. Please get these is ASAP so we can order our Cedar Point tickets. If you are in need of any replacement supplies, please order ASAP. We’d like this in by Wednesday, July 26th of this week with payment.
* Our FCMB BBQ is right around the corner. Please complete the form so we can make sure we have enough hot dogs! FCMB BBQ Form
* Join Music Mentors and become of part of this wonderful organization!
I look forward to an amazing season with such an exciting group of musicians and all their families! Our new marchers and their parents met last week and they are ready to go! Get involved with Music Mentors and watch from the sidelines the amazing progression this group goes through from July – November! March Proud!!
Music Mentors, Inc.
July 24, 2017: 1st day back for everyone! 8:00 AM – noon for returning members and Mr. Poremba would like our new members to report at 9 am. (Yes that is a change from the calendar.) Read the FCMB Tips sheet for some pointers on how to prepare best. Water & Sunscreen!!
July 25 – 28, 2017: All members 8:00 am – Noon
July 26, 2017: Music Mentors Meeting 7 pm in the band room! Hope to see lots of familiar and new faces at our first meeting of the year. Committee Chairpersons – we will meet at 6:15 pm.
We’d like to wish our very our Mentor Majorettes the best of luck this week as they travel to South Bend, Indiana to the University of Notre Dame to compete for a national team title. Good Luck Ladies!
If you ordered Spirit wear that was scheduled to be ready at the Ice cream Social, I will make arrangements to have someone after rehearsal on Tuesday for you to pick it up.
One very important change for this year with our organization is that ALL volunteers will need to be fingerprinted through the Mentor Board of Education. It is for the safety of our students as well as our safety that these precautions be taken. Current volunteers need to contact their committee Chairpersons or myself to get a form. Print out the form and indicate the organization is Mentor High School Bands. Let your chairperson know when you have completed the process so that we can keep a running tally of whose is eligible to volunteer. If you have not been fingerprinted, you will unfortunately not be allowed to assist. Fingerprints are needed yearly.
Tag Day forms will also be out soon as all of our drivers will need to be fingerprinted as well. If you are interesting in driving for Tag Day on September 9th, contact Amy Freeman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let her know so she can get you a fingerprint form.