I hope everyone had an amazing time at all of the exciting Homecoming Festivities! A very special Congratulations to our very own April Gable, Mentor Majorette, who was crowned Homecoming Queen this past Friday evening!
Schedule for the Week:
October 2, 2017: Extra help session for pass off’s 2:45 – 3:30 pm
October 3, 2017: Tuesday, Rehearsal 6 – 9 pm; Chik-Fil-A orders due with money by noon!
October 4, 2017: Wednesday, Music Mentors Meeting, 7:30 pm (Please note the change in time for this meeting only.)
October 5, 2017: Thursday, Rehearsal 2:30 – 4:30 pm
October 6, 2017: Friday, NO GAME! Enjoy your evening!
October 7, 2017: Saturday, MHS @ Shaker Hts 1 pm Game followed by Competiton in Sandusky at Perkins High School ; Details below!
Looking Ahead: Please note – there is no school both Friday, October 13 and October 20th, however, we do still have games on both nights.
October 7 – Shaker Heights Game and Perkins High School Competition Details
- Call time is 9 AM! We will return back to MHS approximately 10:30 PM
- MHS vs Shaker Hts in Shaker at 1 pm. The FCMB will be leaving after halftime to head to Sandusky for our evening competition.
- Competition is at Perkins High School in Sandusky. Our approximate performance time is 7:10 pm. Please note – this is subject to change so please come early to give yourselves time to get in the stands. We’d love to see some of our favorite support people!
- Music Mentors will be ordering chicken sandwiches from Chick-Fil-A (For those that wish to purchase) and will bring them to Sandusky and provide some other snacks and water when we get to Perkins. Ordering sandwiches is optional but they will only be ordered for those that turn in their order forms with payment by Tuesday, October 3rd by NOON. If you choose not to buy , please ensure you pack some food or bring money for concessions. Bear in mind that we will not be the only school that may be in the line for concessions so that could take awhile. Once we get to Perkins, we will be eating then. The order form link is below.
- October weather could be all over the board – you never know. Pay attention to the weather and plan accordingly. Also, bring a water bottle to make sure you stay hydrated.
- Chick-Fil-A Order Form
Senior Night, October 20th
Our final home game for the season will be Friday, October 20th. This is a very special night for our Seniors as they are recognized on the field with their parents. All the letters regarding this special evening have already been sent out in the mail. Please complete the online questionaire (Seniors only) if you haven’t done so already.
If you have any questions, please contact Lynne Ridenour at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Raffle Donations Needed
This year’s FCMB Banquet is on Sunday, November 12, 2017. During the banquet, we host a Chinese Auction as a way to raise funds for our scholarships for the end of the year. We are looking for donations to place in the baskets for the Chinese auction. If you know of any business that might like to donate to our scholarship fundraiser, please use the Scholarship Donation letter located on the Music Mentors website. This letter explains that we are a non-profit, tax exempt organization, what the donation is for and how to donate. The website also has a list (Scholarship Donation Progress Worksheet) of the businesses we have already contacted and those who have donated. We want to be sure we do not approach a business multiple times. If you contact a business, please let Mary McFarland know by emailing her at email@example.com or call 440-669-9842 to help us keep this up to date. Also, if you have any large baskets, or any item’s you would like to donate, please contact Mary. Lastly, we are looking for some more volunteers to help solicit donations! Please contact Mary if you’d be willing to help make this the best year yet!
Pictures for the Website
Anyone willing to share pictures of games and events, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank You!